Friday, July 31, 2009

#26 Blogland Lane

My friend, KJ, started Blogland Lane, where all of our Cyber friends live on the same block.  I stole my new home from Linda at Lime in the Coconut.   Rude, yes, but no less than she would expect of me . . .  I chose lot #26 because on my 26th birthday I met my handy dandy Knight in Shining Armor. 

727main1

Our classic airplane is nestled on the edge of the National Park in our Costa Verde II area, perched on a 50-foot pedestal. At this height, we enjoy scenic ocean and jungle views from the hard wood deck built atop the plane's former right wing.

727HomeEntrance 727tvareaOur living room.

727kitchenetteDinningFoyerThe plane's interior is Costa Rican teak paneling from the cockpit to the tail. Furnishings are hand-carved, teak furniture from Java, Indonesia. 

727masterbedroom Our 727 home features two air conditioned bedrooms--one with two queen sized beds and the other with one queen sized bed, each with its own private bath—a flat screen TV, a kitchenette, dining area foyer.

727SecondBedroomThe guest room.  You may stay here.

727masterbathThe Bath . . .  

view-727-01 We will spend the evening on the terrace sipping a glass of wine and observing tree top neighbors: sloths, toucans and monkeys.

You can read more about it HERE.

 

18 comments:

Javajune said...

Wow, love your new pad! I'll have to check out the neighborhood. Get rested up for the next round of parties and have a wonderful weekend.
xo-jj

Debra Kay said...

Oh MY-I love it-and I really love the window in the shower....Not that I want to show my stuff, but showers are always a little claustrophobic for me.

I'd love to visit and play with the wild monkeys.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

OMG that is awesome....When do we take off?

Stay Cozy, Carrie

mati said...

deborah,
i love your new digs!!! great fun and good for the planet! salut du midi!

Ces Adorio said...

Hahah! Very interesting house you have Deborah. I remember three years ago several friends of ours created Blogworld Road and what a crazy idea it was!You should have a contest and some festivals too. May I please visit? Just make sure you don't take off when I am asleep and do not have my seatbealt on. Hahaha!

angela recada said...

I'll definitely consider a trade! The weather is always perfect on Blogland Lane.

Lost Aussie said...

Oh how fun...and there is a guest room too! Just as well!

Wendy said...

Yes, a guest room. I think we'll all be fighting over it! What cool pics! Wouldn't it be nice??

Unknown said...

LOL...I can you being there..LIke Robinson Crusoe...Lost...Tarzan and Jane...You have a swing somewhere there huh? Love it..Im at #4...I have alot grass ha ha..

xoxoxo Sonia

Just A Girl said...

Dearest Darling Deb,

If you will please let me tag along I'll serve fruit smoothies all day long. That way there will be no falling out of trees or being carried away by those nasty monkeys :). Did you say a sloth? Oh dear! I hear they like kissing you on the ear or could it be that they're really after our brains.
I'll need a cottage at the top of the hill.
OK, so how do I get into the neighborhood?
My Internets been down since yesterday so I hope I haven't missed the lottery for lots. Or is it just customary to steal from your friends...hee hee hee!!!

xoxo Cori

Marion said...

Whoa! Just when you thought you'd seen everything! It reminds me of an upscale tree house! Thanks for stopping by my pink Victorian mansion today. We'll have to do a house trade one week! Ha! Blessings!

Silver said...

i have an award waiting for you at my place. Mind coming over to pick it up? ;)Reflections!

kj said...

you are something else, deborah. leave it to you to live in a wonderland like this. i'm saving the sambuca for you and i'm willing to bring the entree if you invite me for dinner sometime. in fact, i would be honored and excited.

would you show me how you dance?

the neighborhood wouldn't be the same without you...

xo

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh, I'm glad it's yours now...I was getting tired of the little bags of peanuts!

Smooch.

Just A Girl said...

Oh Darn, Darling Deb!!! I just noticed that you're on lot 26. Maybe I could be lot 26-3/4 right under the wing of the plane. We could attach a huge rope and each morning you could shimmy down Tarzan style and join me for a cup of tea in my tropical English Garden. Hey it's blogland! Anything can happen here, right? RIGHT! Now I'm off to search for my cottage.
TTFN!!!

xoxo Cori

studio lolo said...

I think you have the most unique house on the block! Wow...amazing!
I'll be sure to come over for that glass of wine ;)

Renee said...

I love it because it is kookie just like you.

xoxoxo

Baino said...

Fantastic. Very original . . .if that doesn't get the neighbour's talking nothing will! I just hope the loo is a bit bigger than usual!