Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Memories of You

These are my memories of you.
Nothing can take them away;
Not the drugs, not the lies,
Not the times you almost died.
My memories forever
Sealed in a vault
deep within my mind
where I can play them back
time after time
sometimes in slow motion,
lingering on the joy...
My firstborn baby boy.
These are my memories of you.

You are two,
sitting on my lap with eyes of blue.
I gently nudge my chin
into the hollow beneath your collar bone.
Uncontrollable laughter,
as you throw yourself backwards,
fully expecting me to catch you,
which I did, and always do....
I've taken all the pain
and placed it in a book;
placed the book
on the highest shelf
where I cannot reach.
Yes, I know it's there,
But today I choose
My memories of you.

1 comment:

Renee said...

A much better choice.

I wish they could round up all the drug dealers and throw away the key on the bastards who ruin families lives.

Love Renee xoxoxo