Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Winter in the Desert - Addendum


Just when I think
I'm grounded,
The slightest breeze
sends me tumbling
like a leaf
in the wind. 
Gravity is nonexistent,
reality is an illusion 
And there I am,
reaching for my past
of false security.

ADDENDUM:

Normally I leave interpretation of my writing open to the reader; however, I feel the need to explain this one a little bit.  This is NOT in reference to my "muse', the inspiration of my sultry poetry phase, a phase which I am ecstatically still in.

This poem is a reflection of very brief moments of free-falling as result of PTSD brought on by having a spouse go on Hospice and helping them transition into new life.  They occur infrequently now, as I live very much in The Now, but when they visit, sometimes the words just need to be said.
All is very well.

 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you feel grounded again soon. Best wishes for 2022!

Wendy said...

Life is full of ups and downs. Big hugs to you dear friend.
Oh and Happy New Year! <3

kj said...

I doubt it felt like the slightest breeze. I'm reminded that there are soft friends and hard friends. Soft friends protect you and hard friends teach you to protect yourself. I know your balance will return, wiser, maybe even bruised, but you know too much not to land on your feet. At the very least, you know what love is.
love kj